Math 21200: Calculus II with Introduction to Multivariable Functions
Supervisor: Niel Shell
Techniques of integration, improper integrals, infinite sequences and series, polar coordinates, parametric equations, vectors and the geometry of space, quadric surfaces, functions of several variables and partial differentiation.
Prerequisite: grade of C or higher in Math 20100 or placement by the Department. (Part of sequence 20100, 21200, 21300.) 4 hr./wk.; 4 cr.
The syllabus listed below was updated 1/25/20, and is current for Spring 2022.
Online exams problems are usually either multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank format. In-person final exams require showing all work as well as the answer. Students are currently scheduled to take the Math 212 final exam in-person.
- math21200ch8sec1to5Thomas2018-20190128.pdf: Abbreviated Notes and Techniques of Integration Methods (revised 01/28/2019)
- MATH-21200-exercises-list-sp20.doc: MATH 21200 exercises (revised Spring 2020, MS Word format)
- MATH-21200-exercises-list-sp20.pdf: MATH 21200 exercises (revised Spring 2020, PDF format)
- math21200-sample-final-2020.pdf: MATH 21200 sample Final (2020 version)
- MATH-21200-textbook-info.pdf: MATH 21200 textbook purchase information
- Math 212 In-Class Sample Final Solutions-pdf: 212 Sample Final Solutions
- Math 212 Sample In-Class Final Exam: Math 212 Sample In-Class Final Exam
- Math_212_syllabus_CLO.pdf: Syllabus and CLO
For Spring 2022, the following sections are being offered:
|Letter||Instructor||Time & Place|
|BC||Michael Marinelli||MoWe 10:00AM-11:40AM in NAC 5/102|
|CD||Mi Ok Lime||MoWe 12:00PM-1:40PM in NAC 6/113|
|GH||Niel Shell||MoWe 6:00PM-7:40PM in NAC 6/115|
|LM||Lavinia Ciungu||TuTh 10:00AM-11:40AM in NAC 5/110|
|PR||Lavinia Ciungu||TuTh 2:00PM-3:40PM in NAC 4/115|
|RS||Anastasiia Chorna||TuTh 4:00PM-5:40PM in NAC 6/113|
|RS2||Tek Bam||TuTh 4:00PM-5:40PM in NAC 6/121|
|ST||Anastasiia Chorna||TuTh 6:00PM-7:40PM in NAC 7/305|
|ST2||Vitaly Zaderman||TuTh 6:00PM-7:40PM in NAC 5/101|