Math 21200: Calculus II with Introduction to Multivariable Functions
Supervisor: Niel Shell
Techniques of integration, improper integrals, infinite sequences and series, polar coordinates, parametric equations, vectors and the geometry of space, quadric surfaces, functions of several variables and partial differentiation.
Prerequisite: grade of C or higher in Math 20100 or placement by the Department. (Part of sequence 20100, 21200, 21300.) 4 hr./wk.; 4 cr.
The syllabus listed below was updated 1/25/20, and is current for Fall 2021.
Online exams problems are usually either multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank format. In-person final exams require showing all work as well as the answer. Students are currently scheduled to take the Math 212 final exam in-person.
- math21200ch8sec1to5Thomas2018-20190128.pdf: Abbreviated Notes and Techniques of Integration Methods (revised 01/28/2019)
- MATH-21200-exercises-list-sp20.doc: MATH 21200 exercises (revised Spring 2020, MS Word format)
- MATH-21200-exercises-list-sp20.pdf: MATH 21200 exercises (revised Spring 2020, PDF format)
- math21200-sample-final-2020.pdf: MATH 21200 sample Final (2020 version)
- MATH-21200-textbook-info.pdf: MATH 21200 textbook purchase information
- Math 212_syllabus_CLO_sp20.pdf
For Fall 2021, the following sections are being offered:
|Letter||Instructor||Time & Place|
|CD||Sean Cleary||MoWe 12:00PM-1:40PM in Online-Synchronous|
|EF||Sean Cleary||MoWe 2:00PM-3:40PM in Online-Synchronous|
|FG||Niel Shell||MoWe 4:00PM-5:40PM in Online-Synchronous|
|GH||Dario Cardenas||MoWe 6:00PM-7:40PM in Online-Synchronous|
|JW||John Adamski||MoWe 8:00PM-9:40PM in Online-Synchronous|
|LM||Tek Bam||TuTh 10:00AM-11:40AM in Online-Synchronous|
|RS||Anastasiia Chorna||TuTh 4:00PM-5:40PM in Online-Synchronous|
|ST||Tamara Kucherenko||TuTh 6:00PM-7:40PM in Online-Synchronous|