Department of Mathematics
- NAC 8/134
- Office hours
- see below.
- Office phone
- (212) 650-5122
- Mathematics graduate advising hours on Wed, Aug 20th 3:30pm-6:30pm in NAC 8134.
- Prof. Steinberg's office hours for graduate student advising in the week of Aug 25th will be: Tues 8/26 3pm-6:30pm, Wed 8/27 3-6:30pm.
- Regular office hours are held only on days when classes meet during the semester.
- Graduate students, please see the main Graduate page for information and FAQs.
Professor, The City College of New York, Department of Mathematics
Graduate Faculty, The CUNY Graduate Center, Department of Mathematics
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles
- A.B. Mathematics and Physics, Cornell University
Geometric and combinatorial group theory, spaces of trees, algorithms for trees.
MathSci reviews of some research publications
- Sean Cleary, Andrew Rechnitzer, and Thomas Wong: Common Edges in Rooted Trees and Polygonal Triangulations, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Volume 20, Issue 1 (2013). Abstract
- Sean Cleary, John Passaro and Yasser Toruno: Average reductions between random tree pairs, Involve, a journal of mathematics. Abstract
- Jose Burillo, Sean Cleary and Claas Roever: Addendum to ‘Commensurations and finite index subgroups of Thompson’s group F.’, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 1199–1203. Abstract
- José Burillo and Sean Cleary: The automorphism group of Thompson's group F: subgroups and metric properties, Revista Matemática Iberoamericana, Vol. 29, #3 (2013), 809--828.. Abstract
- Timothy Chu and Sean Cleary: Expected conflicts in pairs of rooted binary trees, Involve, a journal of mathematics. Abstract