Department of Mathematics
- NAC 8/134
- Office hours
- see below.
- Office phone
- (212) 650-5122
- Mondays 11am-11:30am, 1:30pm-2pm, Wednesdays 4pm-5pm and by appointment. Bonus office hours to prepare for exam 2: Wed, Apr 9 11am-11:30am, 1pm-1:30pm.
- Office hours are held only on days when classes meet.
- Graduate students, please see the main Graduate page for information and FAQs.
Professor, The City College of New York, Department of Mathematics
Graduate Faculty, The CUNY Graduate Center
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles
- A.B. Mathematics and Physics, Cornell University
Geometric and combinatorial group theory, spaces of trees, algorithms for trees.
MathSci reviews of some research publications
- Sean Cleary, Andrew Rechnitzer, and Thomas Wong: Common Edges in Rooted Trees and Polygonal Triangulations, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Volume 20, Issue 1 (2013). Abstract
- Sean Cleary, John Passaro and Yasser Toruno: Average reductions between random tree pairs, Involve, a journal of mathematics. Abstract
- Jose Burillo, Sean Cleary and Claas Roever: Addendum to ‘Commensurations and finite index subgroups of Thompson’s group F.’, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 1199–1203. Abstract
- José Burillo and Sean Cleary: The automorphism group of Thompson's group F: subgroups and metric properties, Revista Matemática Iberoamericana, Vol. 29, #3 (2013), 809--828.. Abstract
- Timothy Chu and Sean Cleary: Expected conflicts in pairs of rooted binary trees, Involve, a journal of mathematics. Abstract