Department of Mathematics
- NAC 8/134
- Office hours
- see below.
- Office phone
- (212) 650-5122
- Spring 2015 office hours are Tuesdays 4:30pm-5:30pm, Thursdays 10:45am-11:30am.
Regular office hours are held only on days when classes meet during the semester.
Graduate students, please see the main Graduate page for information and FAQs.
Professor, The City College of New York, Department of Mathematics
Graduate Faculty, The CUNY Graduate Center, Department of Mathematics
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles
- A.B. Mathematics and Physics, Cornell University
In memoriam 2014
Michael Cleary, Wright State University and PQ Systems
Gilbert Baumslag, CCNY and the CUNY Graduate Center
Robert Steinberg, UCLA
Geoff Mess, UCLA
Geometric and combinatorial group theory, spaces of trees, algorithms for trees.
MathSci reviews of some research publications
- Jose Burillo, Sean Cleary, Armando Martino, and Claas Roever: Commensurations and Metric Properties of Houghton's Groups, preprint. Abstract
- Timothy Chu and Sean Cleary: Expected maximum vertex valence in pairs of polygonal triangulations, Involve, a journal of mathematics. Abstract
- Sean Cleary, Andrew Rechnitzer, and Thomas Wong: Common Edges in Rooted Trees and Polygonal Triangulations, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Volume 20, Issue 1 (2013). Abstract
- Sean Cleary, John Passaro and Yasser Toruno: Average reductions between random tree pairs, Involve, a journal of mathematics (2015) #8-1. Abstract
- Jose Burillo, Sean Cleary and Claas Roever: Addendum to ‘Commensurations and finite index subgroups of Thompson’s group F.’, Geometry & Topology 17 (2013) 1199–1203. Abstract