Department of Mathematics
- NAC 8/134
- Office hours
- see below.
- Office phone
- (212) 650-5122
- Advising hours for graduate students in early January: Tue Jan 3rd, 1:30pm-3pm, Thurs Jan 5th 12:30pm-1:30pm, Fri Jan 6 12:30pm-1:30pm, Friday Jan 13 12:30pm-1:30pm, Wednesday Jan 18th 12:30-1:30pm, Friday Jan 20 12:30pm-1:30pm, Tuesday Jan 24th 3:30pm-4:30pm, with more to be posted here.
- Regular office hours are held only on days when classes meet during the semester.
- Graduate student advising hours are by Prof. Cleary and Prof. Sternberg.
- No appointment is needed for scheduled advising hours.
- Prof. Steinberg in NAC 8134A: check his webpage
- Graduate students, please see the main Graduate page for information and FAQs.
Professor, The City College of New York, Department of Mathematics
Graduate Faculty, The CUNY Graduate Center, Department of Mathematics
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles
- A.B. Mathematics and Physics, Cornell University
Geometric and combinatorial group theory, spaces of trees, algorithms for trees.
MathSci reviews of some research publications
- Jose Burillo, Sean Cleary, and Claas E. Röver: Obstructions for subgroups of Thompson's group V, to appear, Proceedings for the Durham Symposium on Geometric and Cohomological Group Theory, London Mathematical Society. Abstract
- Jose Burillo, Sean Cleary, Armando Martino, and Claas Roever: Commensurations and Metric Properties of Houghton's Groups, to appear, Pacific Journal of Mathematics. Abstract
- Sean Cleary and Conchita Martinez-Perez: Undistorted embeddings of metabelian groups of finite Prüfer rank, New York Journal of Mathematics, 21 (2015) 1027-1054. Abstract
- Timothy Chu and Sean Cleary: Expected maximum vertex valence in pairs of polygonal triangulations, Involve, a journal of mathematics Vol. 8 (2015), No. 5, 763–770. Abstract
- Sean Cleary, Andrew Rechnitzer, and Thomas Wong: Common Edges in Rooted Trees and Polygonal Triangulations, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Volume 20, Issue 1 (2013). Abstract