Department of Mathematics
- NAC 8/134
- Office hours
- see below.
- Office phone
- (212) 650-5122
- Spring 2016 classes begin January 29
- Office hours: Tuesdays 8:30am, Thursdays 11:40am
- Regular office hours are held only on days when classes meet during the semester.
- January advising hours: Mon, Jan 4th 11am-2pm, Wed Jan 6th 12pm-2pm, Mon Jan 11th 9:30am-10:30am, Wed Jan 13 10am, Tues Jan 19 10am, 1:30pm, Wed Jan 20 10am, Mon Jan 25th 10:30am, Wed Jan 27th 3pm-5pm
- Graduate student advising hours are by Prof. Cleary and Prof. Steinberg.
- Prof. Steinberg in NAC 8134A: check his webpage
- Graduate students, please see the main Graduate page for information and FAQs.
Professor, The City College of New York, Department of Mathematics
Graduate Faculty, The CUNY Graduate Center, Department of Mathematics
- Ph.D., Mathematics, University of California, Los Angeles
- A.B. Mathematics and Physics, Cornell University
Geometric and combinatorial group theory, spaces of trees, algorithms for trees.
MathSci reviews of some research publications
- Spring 2016: Math 20300-KL, TuTh 9:00AM-10:40AM in NAC 1/203; Tu 10:50AM-11:40AM in NAC 1/511A
- Spring 2016: Math 20300-KL2, TuTh 9:00AM-10:40AM in NAC 1/203; Th 10:50AM-11:40AM in NAC 1/511A
- Jose Burillo, Sean Cleary, and Claas E. Röver: Obstructions for subgroups of Thompson's group V, to appear, Proceedings for the Durham Symposium on Geometric and Cohomological Group Theory, London Mathematical Society.. Abstract
- Jose Burillo, Sean Cleary, Armando Martino, and Claas Roever: Commensurations and Metric Properties of Houghton's Groups, preprint. Abstract
- Sean Cleary and Conchita Martinez-Perez: Undistorted embeddings of metabelian groups of finite Prüfer rank, New York Journal of Mathematics, 21 (2015) 1027-1054.. Abstract
- Timothy Chu and Sean Cleary: Expected maximum vertex valence in pairs of polygonal triangulations, Involve, a journal of mathematics Vol. 8 (2015), No. 5, 763–770. Abstract
- Sean Cleary, Andrew Rechnitzer, and Thomas Wong: Common Edges in Rooted Trees and Polygonal Triangulations, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, Volume 20, Issue 1 (2013). Abstract