Department of Mathematics
Math 20100: Calculus ISupervisor: Bianca Santoro
Limits, derivatives, rules of differentiation, trigonometric functions and their derivatives, differentials, graph sketching, maximum and minimum problems, related rates, antidifferentiation, Riemann sums, Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, and techniques of substitution in integrals. Prerequisite: grade of C or higher in Math 19500 or placement by the Department. Credit will be given for only one of the following courses: Math 20100 or 20500. (Part of sequence 20100, 20200, 20300.) 4 hr./wk.; 3 cr.
Note: Use of WebAssign for the Spring 2017 semester is at the discretion of the instructor, as some sections will be experimenting different online homework systems.
Essential Calculus, 2nd edition by James Stewart, 2012, Cengage, with WebAssign online homework system. Students are required to purchase access to the digital text through Cengage Publishing. You may do so in two ways:
- If you wish to ALSO have a paper (loose-leaf) edition of the text, there is a “Digital First” bundle in the bookstore. This includes WebAssign access and the digital version of the text.
- If you prefer to ONLY have the digital version of the text, you will purchase this when you sign up for your class with WebAssign. Your instructor will provide this information.
SUGGESTED: Student Solutions manual for Stewart's Essential Calculus, 2nd edition by James Stewart, Cengage, ISBN-13: 9781133490944.
2014 Spring Math 201 Final Exam
2013 Fall Math 201 Final Exam
2012 Fall Math 201 Final Exam
2011 Fall Math 201 Final Exam
2010 Fall Math 201 Final Exam
2010 Spring Math 201 Final Exam
2009 Fall Math 201 Final Exam and solutions
2009 Spring Math 201 Final Exam and solutions
- Spring 2017: Section *EC1, Lo, TuTh 8:00AM-9:15AM in NAC 6/115; Mo 11:00AM-11:50AM in NAC 6/136
- Spring 2017: Section AB, Russell, MoWe 8:00AM-9:40AM in NAC 4/108
- Spring 2017: Section CD, Saha, MoWe 12:00PM-1:40PM in NAC 1/302
- Spring 2017: Section CD2, Ring, MoWe 12:00PM-1:40PM in NAC 4/130
- Spring 2017: Section FG, Diotte, Mo 4:00PM-5:40PM in NAC 5/102; We 4:00PM-5:40PM in NAC 5/101
- Spring 2017: Section GH, Pignataro, MoWe 6:00PM-7:40PM in NAC 1/201
- Spring 2017: Section PR, Amzallag, TuTh 2:00PM-3:40PM in Shepard S-201
- Spring 2017: Section RS, Bou-Rabee, TuTh 4:00PM-5:40PM in NAC 4/115
- Spring 2017: Section ST, Pichardo, TuTh 6:00PM-7:40PM in NAC 0/201